RAY OPTICS KIT
- It is a versatile kit of components for ray optics experiments.
- Investigations possible include linear propagation of light rays, focusing of rays by cylindrical lenses, focusing of multiple rays showing aberration, law of reflection, refraction in water, prisms etc.
Our kit comprises of:
- Lamps of 12 V, 24 W and stands- 2 Nos.
- Housing shields- 1 pair
- Combined single and triple slit plates- 2 Nos.
- Multiple slit combs- 2 Nos.
- Holders for combs and slit plates- 2 Nos.
- Wooden light barriers- 4 Nos.
- Plano cylindrical lenses + 7 D- 4 Nos.
- Plano cylindrical lenses +10 D- 2 Nos.
- Plano cylindrical lenses +17D- 2 Nos.
- Plano cylindrical lenses -17 D- 2 Nos.
- The lamps are mounted in conical lamp holders on an adjustable boss. The lamp house has cut-outs on its sides, giving a clear passage for the light while restricting the amount of stray illumination. The assembly is supported on a rod with a triangular cast base.
- The housing shields are used to eliminate extraneous light from the lamp houses. They are provided as a pair of right and left handed open –ended cylindrical form metal shields. They are open length-wise to pass over the lamp house boss and with a slit at one end to permit the light to pass. They are finished in matt black.
- The holders for the slit plates are wooden blocks, triangular in section with a spring clip attached to one face, to hold the slit plate. They are finished in matt black.