DEMONSTRATION ELECTRIC MOTOR
- An electric motor is an electrical machine that converts electrical energy into mechanical energy.
- This is a model of the simplest form of a D.C. electric motor.
- The model consists of a 2-pole armature wound with enameled copper wire, and a permanent magnetic field provided by a removable bar magnet.
- A disc type commutator is incorporated and external connection to the phosphor-bronze bushes is by means of a pair of 4 mm sockets.
- The motor operates on 6-8 Volts D.C.